An analysis of ancient domestic architecture, exhibiting the best existing examples in Great Britain, from drawings and measurements taken on the spot, by F.T. Dollman and J.R. Jobbins.
- London, Messrs. Atchley & Co., [pref. 1861-63]
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. plates (part fold., incl. plans) 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA963 D6 1861+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Advertisements: 1 leaf at end of each volume.
BAC : Plates drawn by F.T. Dollman, W. Smith, E.L. Blackburne, and J.D. Wyatt; engraved by J.R. Jobbins.
Includes contents of the author's Examples of ancient domestic architecture illustrating the hospitals, bede houses, schools, almshouses, etc. of the middle ages in England. cf. Pref., v. 1.
Subtitle of vol. 2 varies, reading in part: "exhibiting some of the best existing examples in Great Britain".
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Details.Architecture -- Great Britain.Architecture, Domestic -- Great Britain.Architecture, Medieval.Decoration and ornament, Architectural.
YCBA Collections Search
Dollman, Francis Thomas, 1812-1899, An analysis of ancient domestic architecture,, [pref. 1861-63]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.