The excellency of the pen and pencil, exemplifying the uses of them in the most exquisite and mysterious arts of drawing, etching, engraving, limning, painting in oyl, washing of maps & pictures ... Collected from the writings of the ablest masters both ancient and modern, as Albert Durer, P. Lomantius, and divers others. Furnished with divers cuts in copper, being copied from the best masters ...
- London, Printed for Dorman Newman, 1688.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p. ., , 123 p. front., illus., plates (part fold.) 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC705 E9 1688Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : The imprint on the frontispiece is the same as that used on the frontispiece of the 1668 ed.
BAC : Errors in paging: pages 45-48 and 76-91 repeated in paging; pages 62-77 omitted in paging.
BAC : Wing E.3779A.
BAC : Signatures: A⁸A-H⁸.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Painting -- Technique.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Handbooks and manuals.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.