IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Bremner, G. A., 1974-, Building Greater Britain , 2022
Building Greater Britain : architecture, imperialism, and the Edwardian Baroque Revival, c.1885 - 1920 / G. A. Bremner.
- London : Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, 2022.
New Haven : Yale University Press
- Physical Description:
- xi, 356 pages : illustrations (black and white and color) ; 30 cm
- Reference LibraryNA968.5.E38 B74 2022 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 295-341) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Great Britain -- History.Architecture, Edwardian -- Great Britain.Imperialism -- Great Britain.Imperialism and architecture -- Great Britain.
- Styling Greater Britain: language, gender, and the Edwardian Baroque Revival
- Imperial decline?: anxiety, 'efficiency', and rebuilding state power
- Crimson threads: constructing Britishness in the dominions
- Building for eternity: Hebert Baker, the 'Grand Manner', and imperial patriotism
- The rule of law: legal imperialism and fabricating British justice
- In memoriam: monuments, memorials, and the architectonics of memory
- Asset building: global finance and the sturctures on gentlemanly capitalism
- Nerves and nodal points: communcations and the formation of imperial networking.