A collection of tracts on wet-docks for the port of London, with hints on trade and commerce and on free-ports.
- [London] 1797.
- Physical Description:
-  p. 4 fold. plans (part col.) 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTC7 V35View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Two plans by Danl. Alexander, engraved by J. Cary; another plan by the author, engraved by Allen.
Each tract has separate pagination and t.-p.; dated 1793-1797.
One of two editions which appeared in 1797 with the same title. Cf. British Museum Catalogue.
- Subject Terms:
- Commerce.Docks.Harbors -- England -- London.London (England) -- Docks, wharves, etc.
- [1.] On wet docks, quays, and warehouses for the port of London ... Part I [by W. Vaughan] London, 1793.--[2.] Plan of the London-dock, with some observations respecting the river ... Part II [by W. Vaughan] London, 1794.--[3.] A letter to a friend on commerce and free ports, and London-docks [by W. Vaughan] London, 1796.--[4.] Examination of William Vaughan, esq. in a committee of the Hon. House of Commons, April 22, 1796. London, 1796.--[5.] Reasons in favour of the London-docks [by W. Vaughan] London, 1797.