Drawing from nature: a series of progressive instructions in sketching, from elementary studies to finished views, with examples from Switzerland and the Pyrenees; to which are appended lectures on art delivered at Rugby School. Illustrated by eighteen coloured and lithographic plates, and more than one hundred woodcuts. By George Barnard ...
- London, Longmans, Green, Reader, and Dyer, 1865.
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 348 p. ill., XVIII plates (part col., incl. front.) 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC730 B3+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Drawings for some plates by the author; several plates printed by Leighton Brothers; some wood engravings executed by C.W. Sheeres or J. Cooper; text printed by R. Clay, son, and Taylor.
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Study and teaching.Nature (Aesthetics)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.