The life and works of Joseph Wright, A.R.A., commonly called "Wright of Derby" / by William Bemrose ... ; with a preface by Cosmo Monkhouse ; illustrated with two etchings by Mr. F. Seymour Haden, and other plates and woodcuts.
- London ; Derby : Bemrose & Sons, 1885.
- Physical Description:
- x, 128 pages,  unnumbered leaves of plates : illustrations, portraits, genealogical table ; 40 cm
- Reference LibraryFolio F N 78Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2018 11Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Michael D. Coe, Yale MAH 1968Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- With a frontispiece portrait of Joseph Wright and vignette portrait of him on the title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 46 of 100 in the large paper edition. With the armorial bookplate of Walter Ambrose Harding, Madingley Hall. Previously owned by William Henry Bruton. Has tipped in (above limitation statement) a watercolor by an unidentified artist, perhaps Stothard. The watercolor was previously attributed to Wright.
- Subject Terms:
- Bruton, William Henry -- Provenance.Harding, Walter Ambrose -- Bookplate.Painters -- England -- Biography.Wright, Joseph, 1734-1797.
- Etchings -- 1885.
YCBA Collections Search
Bemrose, William, 1831-1908, The life and works of Joseph Wright, A.R.A., commonly called "Wright of Derby" , 1885