The architectural director: being an approved guide to architects, draughtsmen, students, amateurs, and builders, in the study, employment, and execution of architecture ... By John Billington, of the Royal Academy of Architecture at Paris. Illustrated by 55 plates and 14 comprehensive tables.
- London, Published by John Richardson, Josiah Taylor, and J. Ainsworth, 1833.
- Physical Description:
- [iii]-xv, 383 p. 55 plates (incl. diagrs.; part fold.) fold. tables. 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2540 B5Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Many of the plates have imprint: London, Published for Billington's Architectural Director by John Richardson, and a date between Nov. 1, 1828 and July 1, 1829. Some plates engraved by Thierry or Fothergill.
BAC : "R. and J. Gleaves, Printers."
BAC : Running title: Architectural director; or, Pocket vignola.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Building -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.
YCBA Collections Search
Billington, John, architect, The architectural director: being an approved guide to architects,, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.