The mason's, bricklayer's, plasterer's, and decorator's practical guide : containing a complete elucidation of those arts as practised at the present time : with suggestions and improvements in constructive and ornamental masonry : with examples of foundations, domes, lighthouses, bridges, walls, vaulting, arches, doorways, windows, etc. etc.; : also a series of practical designs for cemetery monuments, tomb & head-stones, wall-tablets, &c. / edited by Robert Robson ; assisted by eminent architects & builders
- London : James Hagger, [1859-62]
- Physical Description:
- iv, , 266 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTH145 R6 1859+ Copy 1 OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsTH145 R6 1859+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Hilda Lease JayView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is imperfect: plate 15 wanting. In this copy, plate numbers 3, 30, and 35 have been assigned twice, although the "List of plates" only calls for a single plate bearing each number.
Imprint date from British Museum Catalogue.
Issued in parts.
Engraved t.-p., within architectural border.
Many plates numbered in the fashion 9, 9a, 9b, etc.; some plates misnumbered.
Illustrations by D. Brand, John Richard Jobbins, H. Weiss; after Robert Robson, S.H. Brooks, S. Brookes, Daniel Ruddle, J. Gascoyne, A.M.Q., E.L. (Edward Lushington) Blackburne, W.H., E.L., Tarbuck and G.E. Fox.
- Subject Terms:
- Building -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Haggar, James -- Publisher.
- Engravings -- [1859-1862].
Lithographs -- [1859-1862].
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- [1859-1862].
YCBA Collections Search
Robson, Robert, The mason's, bricklayer's, plasterer's, and decorator's practical guide , [1859-62]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.