Aglionby, William, d. 1705, Painting illustrated in three diallogues,, 1685
- Painting illustrated in three diallogues, containing some choice observations upon the art. Together with the lives of the most eminent painters, from Cimabue, to the time of Raphael and Michael Angelo. With an explanation of the difficult terms.
- London, Printed by J. Gain for the author, sold by W. Kettilby, 1685.
- Physical Description:
- 19 p.l., 375 (i.e. 387) p. 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1130 A3Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 2005 2088: Variant copy. Title-page in first state, dated 1685; dedication-leaf in 2d state, with imprimatur, errata and advertisement on verso.
BAC : Headpieces; initials.
Dedication signed: William Aglionby.
Numerous errors in paging.
Signatures: ⁴( 2+ 1)a-c⁴d²A-3B⁴3C².
- Subject Terms:
- Painters -- Italy.Painting.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.