Bewick, Thomas, 1753-1828, A supplement to the history of British birds, 1821 [i.e. 1822]
- A supplement to the history of British birds. The figures engraved on wood by T. Bewick.
- Newcastle, Printed by Edward Walker ... for T. Bewick: sold by him, and E. Charnley, Newcastle; and Longman and Co., London, 1821 [i.e. 1822]
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. in 1 (50, 49,  p., 2 leaves) ill. 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNJ18 B47 A15 B51 1822Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Roscoe 29-30b.
Title vignettes; head- and tail-pieces.
The second edition, published in 1822. Cf. Roscoe, p. 114, 118.
In Roscoe's collation the 2 leaves with "Contents of ... land birds" and advertisement follow p. 50 of Part I.
Advertising matter, 1 leaf at end: Roscoe, Appendix 1, no. 9.
- Part I. A supplement to the history of British land birds.--Part II. A supplement to the history of British water birds.
- Subject Terms:
- Birds -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.