Byron, George Gordon Byron, Baron, 1788-1824, The prisoner of Chillon, 
- The prisoner of Chillon.
- London : Printed & published by Day & Son, Limited, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : color illustrations ; 32 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4367 A1 1865+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Poem by Lord Byron. Illuminated by W. & G. Audsley, architects, 1865."--Leaf .
"Chromolithographed by W.R. Tymms."--Leaf .
Text printed in black and red, within color ornamental borders.
Publisher and place of publication from leaf .
Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 183
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original purple cloth, stamped in gold, blue, red, and blind.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Chromolithographs -- 1865.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.