Pugin, Augustus, 1762-1832, Gothic furniture;, 
- Gothic furniture; consisting of twenty-seven coloured engravings, from designs by A. Pugin. With descriptive letter-press.
- London, R. Ackermann 
- Physical Description:
- iv, 26 p., 1 leaf. 27 col. plates (incl. added t.-p., engr.) 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK2542 P8Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Text printed by J. Moyes.
BAC : Text watermarked 1827; plates watermarked 1825-26.
BAC : First published in Ackermann's Repository of arts, 1825-27. Plates 22 and 23 in the present copy are in the opposite order in the Repository.
Also ascribed to A.W.N. Pugin. This book is not, however, in the bibliography of A.W.N. Pugin in Phoebe Stanton's Pugin (New York, 1972). Michael Trappes-Lomax, in Pugin, a mediaeval Victorian (London, 1932), ascribes it to A.C. Pugin, although a single plate ("A Gothic sofa", Nov. 1826) is credited to A.W.N. Pugin. In the Literary Gazette, no. 617, Nov. 15, 1828, p. 728, it is reviewed as being by the author of Specimens of Gothic architecture, Antiquities of Normandy & c. [i.e., A.C. Pugin].
Advertized as "just published" in Ackermann's Repository of arts, Feb., 1828, where it is priced at 25s, with colored engravings and letterpress. Later advertisements in the same year add that it is quarter-bound. The present copy matches these descriptions.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.