Sybilline leaves; or, Detector of the thoughts, [between 1819 and 1823]
- Sybilline leaves; or, Detector of the thoughts. A new puzzle.
- London, E. Wallis [between 1819 and 1823]
- Physical Description:
- 1 leaf, 6 col. plates. 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 S9Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Six trick cards, with letterpress "explanation."
In case, as issued.
Title and imprint from case.
Leaf of explanation printed by T. Davis, 102, Minories. He was at that address between 1819 and 1823, according to Todd.
Imperfect: an index card is called for in the leaf of explanation.
Cottage of content, or, Toys, games, and amusements of nineteenth century England, 52
Selected exhibitions: “The Cottage of Content : or, Toys, Games, and Amusements of Nineteenth Century England" (Yale Center for British Art, November 2 - December 31, 1977).
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.