IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Clubbe, John, 1702 or 1703-1773, The history and antiquities of the ancient villa of Wheatfield, in the county of Suffolk, MDCCLVIII 
The history and antiquities of the ancient villa of Wheatfield, in the county of Suffolk.
- Additional Title(s):
History of Wheatfield
- London : Printed for M. Cooper, in Pater-Noster Row, MDCCLVIII 
- Physical Description:
- xiii pages, 2 unnumbered pages, 16-31 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1473 .C58 1758+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- A burlesque of P. Morant's The history and antiquities of Colchester.
Caption title and running title: The history of Wheatfield.
Anonymous. By John Clubbe.
Engraved vignette on title page.
Includes bibliographical references.
English short title catalogue, T111118
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half calf and marbled boards. Inscribed on t.p.: In ridicule of Morant's History & antiquities of Colchester. Inscribed on verso of front cover: From the Roxburgh Library. British Art Center copy has bound with it: Physiognomy : being a sketch only of a larger work upon the same plan: wherein the different tempers, passions, and manners of men will be particularly considered / by the editor of the History and antiquities of Wheatfield in Suffold (London: Printed for R. and J. Dodsley ..., 1763).
- Subject Terms:
- Brit tracts -- 1758.Roxburgh Library -- Provenance.Satire, English -- Early works to 1800.Suffolk (England) -- Antiquities.Wheatfield (England) -- History.Wit and humor -- Early works to 1800.
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 18th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.