Clubbe, John, 1702 or 1703-1773, The history and antiquities of the ancient villa of Wheatfield, in the county of Suffolk, MDCCLVIII 
- The history and antiquities of the ancient villa of Wheatfield, in the county of Suffolk.
- Alternate Title(s):
- History of Wheatfield
- London : Printed for M. Cooper, in Pater-Noster Row, MDCCLVIII 
- Physical Description:
- xiii pages, 2 unnumbered pages, 16-31 pages, 1 unnumbered page ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1473 .C58 1758+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- A burlesque of P. Morant's The history and antiquities of Colchester.
Caption title and running title: The history of Wheatfield.
Anonymous. By John Clubbe.
Engraved vignette on title page.
Includes bibliographical references.
English short title catalogue, T111118
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half calf and marbled boards. Inscribed on t.p.: In ridicule of Morant's History & antiquities of Colchester. Inscribed on verso of front cover: From the Roxburgh Library. British Art Center copy has bound with it: Physiognomy : being a sketch only of a larger work upon the same plan: wherein the different tempers, passions, and manners of men will be particularly considered / by the editor of the History and antiquities of Wheatfield in Suffold (London: Printed for R. and J. Dodsley ..., 1763).
- Subject Terms:
- Brit tracts -- 1758.Roxburgh Library -- Provenance.Satire, English -- Early works to 1800.Suffolk (England) -- Antiquities.Wheatfield (England) -- History.Wit and humor -- Early works to 1800.
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 18th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.