Stuart, James, 1713-1788, Critical observations on the buildings and improvements of London, MDCCLXXI 
- Critical observations on the buildings and improvements of London.
- London : Printed for J. Dodsley, in Pall-Mall, MDCCLXXI 
- Physical Description:
- , 51,  p. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA682 .S78 1771Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Anonymous. By James Stuart. See Upcott.
Price from half-title: Price two shillings and six pence.
Upcott, W. English topography, 217
LWL 49 1609 57:19: Trimmed, with loss of most of imprint.
LWL 49 1609 57:19: Horace Walpole's notes.
BAC: British Art Center bound in quarter calf and marbled boards. Lacks half-title. Bookplate: Chas. Ino. Shoppee. Annotated on recto of first free endpaper.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- England -- London -- Early works to 1800.Art, Municipal -- England -- London -- Early works to 1800.Brit tracts -- 1771.Dodsley, J. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1771.Harmsworth, R. Leicester (Robert Leicester), Sir, 1870-1937 -- Ownership.London (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Early works to 1800.Public works -- England -- London -- Early works to 1800.Shoppee, Chas. Ino. -- BookplateStanley, Edward Arthur Vesey -- Ownership.Taunton, Henry Labouchere, Baron, 1798-1869 -- Ownership.Urban beautification -- England -- London -- Early works to 1800.Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 -- Ms. notes.Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 -- Ownership.
- Armorial bindings (Binding)
Armorial bindings (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.