The Tenbury letters , 1942
- The Tenbury letters / selected & edited by Edmund H. Fellowes, hon. librarian of St. Michael's College, Tenbury ; & Edward Pine.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1942.
- Physical Description:
- , 5-223,  pages : facsimiles ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6130 .T46 1942Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Printed by Christopher Sandford & Owen Rutter at The Golden Cockerel Press, Rolls Passage, London, E.C.4, and completed on the 22nd day of December, 1942, the edition is limited to 300 numbered copies, printed in 13 point Perpetua type on Arnold's mould-made paper."--Verso of title page.
"The letters and documents chosen ... belong to a collection in the library of St Michael's College, Tenbury ... This collections was made chiefly by Mary Jane Ouseley, a sister of Sir Frederick Ouseley, the founder of St Michael's College; and it passed into the possession of the college."--Introduction, page 5.
Introduction includes a brief biography of Sir Gore Ouseley, whose library also belongs to the college.
First publication of Horace Walpole's letter to Mrs. Delany [April 1774?] with facsimile: p. 90, 111, 230.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 153
LWL 22 942: 300 numbered copies ... Number 230".
LWL 22 942: Wilmarth Sheldon Lewis's note on Horace Walpole.
LWL 22 942: F.H. Swift Oct. 1942.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 61 of 300. Bound in publisher's original red buckram.
- Subject Terms:
- English letters.Letters.Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Ms. notes.Ouseley, Gore, Sir, 1779-1844.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.