[Some account of London: By Thomas Pennant, esq.
- Additional Title(s):
Some account of the cities of London and Westminster.
- The 4th ed., with considerable additions.
- London, Printed for Robert Faulder, by R. Taylor and Co., 1805]
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., 415,  p. 16 plates (incl. map, ports.) 55 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A D 5View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Plates by Neele, Basire, and P. Mazell; after M. Griffith and P. Mazell. According to Upcott's Bibliographical account of the principal works relating to English topography, some plates were done by John Carter.
Added t.-p., engraved.
Published in 1790 under title: Of London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is extra-illustrated. The t.-p., and added engraved t.-p. have been removed, and the text has been expanded to 6 volumes by the addition of plates, prints, and watercolors (including all of the plates in Abbey, Scenery, 230; and all but the last 9 plates in John Thomas Smith's Antiquities of London). New t.-p.'s have been prefixed to each volume, reading: Some account of the cities of London and Westminster. By Thomas Pennant, esq. Illustrated with portraits and views. London, 1793.
- Subject Terms:
- London (England) -- Description and travel.
- Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.