Amusement in English history, ca. 1841]
- Amusement in English history. A game exhibiting the most remarkable events from the time of the Britons.
- [s.l., ca. 1841]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet. 51 x 65 cm., fold. to 21 x 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 A43Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- In attached covers, from whence the title.
Imprint date from: Whitehouse, F.R.B. Table games of Georgian and Victorian days. Royston, Herts., 1971, p. 95. According to Mr. Whitehouse, the publisher may be William Sallis.
A faint legend in the lower right hand corner may read: Designed & lith. by Thos. Turner.
In 12 sections, mounted on canvas.
Cottage of content, or, Toys, games, and amusements of nineteenth century England, 26
Selected exhibitions: “The Cottage of Content : or, Toys, Games, and Amusements of Nineteenth Century England" (Yale Center for British Art, November 2 - December 31, 1977).
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.