Every man to his station. A new game.
- London, E. Wallis [between 1823 and 1847]
Islington, E. Wallis [between 1823 and 1847]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet. col. ill. 41 x 51 cm. fold. to 21 x 13 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 E9Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Title and imprint from cover of original case.
The publisher was at London and Islington addresses between 1823 and 1847.--Cf. Hannas, Linda. The English jigsaw puzzle. London, 1972.
Sheet in sixteen sections, mounted on canvas.
Imperfect? Instructions wanting?
Cottage of content, or, Toys, games, and amusements of nineteenth century England, 28
Selected exhibitions: “The Cottage of Content : or, Toys, Games, and Amusements of Nineteenth Century England" (Yale Center for British Art, November 2 - December 31, 1977).
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.