Game of the star-spangled banner, or Emigrants to the United States.
- London, E. Wallis [between 1842 and 1845]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet. 69 x 51 cm., fold. to 18 x 14 cm. & booklet (iv, -16 p.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 G3Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a digital version in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- BEIN Shirley 4063: Imperfect: booklet wanting. Variant: with slip case instead of attached covers.
BEIN Covers 755 1840F: Imperfect: booklet wanting. Inscription on verso: Peck. In covers with title "Wanderers."
In attached covers.
Booklet published by John Passmore, Fleet Lane; printed by J. Passmore, Great Suffolk Street.
Probably published between 1842 and 1845. The booklet of instructions mentions an event which took place two years after 1840; the settlement of the Maine-Canada border (1842); and Iowa Territory (admitted as a state 1846). In addition, the cover for the game shows a flag with 26 stars, and Florida was admitted as the 27th state in 1845.
Game board folded into 16 sections, mounted on canvas.
Cottage of content, or, Toys, games, and amusements of nineteenth century England, 31
Selected exhibitions: “The Cottage of Content : or, Toys, Games, and Amusements of Nineteenth Century England" (Yale Center for British Art, November 2 - December 31, 1977).
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.