A genealogical and heraldic history of the commoners of Great Britain and Ireland enjoying territorial possessions or high official rank, but uninvested with heritable honours / by John Burke, Esq., author of "The history of the peerage and baronetage," "of the extinct and dormant peerage," &c.
- London : Published for Henry Colburn, by R. Bentley, New Burlington Street, MDCCCXXXIV-MDCCCXXXVIII [1834-1838]
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsCS425 .B78 1834View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN Osborn pd353: 25 cm. Ms. notes on fore-edge: Fairclough LG.
With engraved frontispiece portraits: v. 1. Charles Manners Sutton drawn by Buck, from a painting by Pickersgill, engraved by Freeman -- v. 2. Edward John Littleton, engraved by Freeman, from an original drawing -- v. 3. T.W. Coke, engraved by Thomson, after Reinagle.
Printed by Charles Whittingham, Tooks Lane, Chancery Court.
BAC: British Art Center copy has the armorial bookplates of Rupert Gunnis and L.V. Ewbank, St. Peters College, Cambridge.
- Subject Terms:
- Bentley, R. -- Publisher.Canterbury, Charles Manners-Sutton, Viscount, 1780-1845 -- Portraits.Coke, Thomas William, Earl of Leicester, 1752-1842 -- Portraits.Colburn, H. -- Bookseller.Ewbank, L. V. -- Bookplate.Great Britain -- Genealogy.Gunnis, Rupert -- Bookplate.Hatherton, Edward John Walhouse Littleton, Baron, 1791-1863 -- Portraits.Heraldry -- Great BritainWhittingham, Charles -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1834-1838.
Engravings -- 1834-1838.
Stipple engravings -- 1834-1838.
YCBA Collections Search
Burke, John, 1787-1848, A genealogical and heraldic history of the commoners of Great Britain and Ireland enjoying territorial possessions or high official rank, but uninvested with heritable honours , MDCCCXXXIV-MDCCCXXXVIII [1834-1838]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.