Memoirs of the life and writings of William Hayley, Esq. : the friend and biographer of Cowper / written by himself ; with extracts from his private correspondence and unpublished poetry ; and memoirs of his son Thomas Alphonso Hayley, the young sculptor, edited by J. Johnson.
- London : Printed for Henry Colburn and Co., and Simpkin and Marshall, Stationers-Hall-Court, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process PR3506.H9 A82 1823+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles RyskampAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Memoirs of T. A. Hayley by J. Johnson.
Printed by S. and R. Bentley, Dorset-Street.
Frontispiece portrait in v. 1 by Robert Cooper; after a painting by George Engleheart. Frontispiece portrait in v. 2 by Caroline Watson; after a painting by George Romney.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary blind- and gilt-stamped diced calf. Bookplate: Sir Thomas Baring, Bart. Vol. 2 (book 10, Chapters 3-5) heavily annotated in graphite in an unidentified 20th century hand, loosely interleaved with manuscript transcription of correspondence relating to the text.
- Subject Terms:
- Baring, Thomas, Sir -- Bookplate.Hayley, Thomas Alphonso, 1780-1800.Hayley, William, 1745-1820.Poets, English -- 18th century -- Biography.S. and R. Bentley -- Printer.
- Mezzotints -- 1823.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Engravings -- 1823.
YCBA Collections Search
Hayley, William, 1745-1820, Memoirs of the life and writings of William Hayley, Esq. , 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.