Houghton and the Walpoles / by the Rev. John H. Broome, Vicar of Houghton.
- London : Simpkin, Marshall & Co. ; King's Lynn : Thew & Son, High Street, 1865.
- Physical Description:
- 43 pages,  leaf of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.H68 B76 1865Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View digital version of the Oxford University copy, in Google Books
- Engraving by D.J. Anderson.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blue cloth. Title stamped in gilt on front cover. Inscription: Drage. East Rudham. Norfolk. 1867. Bookplate: From the collection of Joan Corder, F.S.A.
LWL 482 865 B79: Inscribed: Julia Tudor in remembrance of your dead uncle Marquis of Cholmondley - 18 May 1870. From your affecte. aunty Fanny Campbell. Lydenstone rectory.
LWL 482 865 B79: Harding May 1936.
- Subject Terms:
- Corder, Joan -- Bookplate.Drage -- Autograph. East Rudham, Norfolk, 1867.Houghton Hall (England) -- History.Thew & Son -- Publisher.Walpole family.Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797 -- Homes and haunts.Walpole, Robert, Earl of Orford, 1676-1745 -- Homes and haunts.
- Wood engravings -- 1865.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.