Round, John Horace, 1854-1928, Peerage and pedigree;, 1910
Peerage and pedigree; studies in peerage law and family history. By J. Horace Round ...
- London, J. Nisbet & Co., 1910.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryCR3899 R7 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subject Terms:
- Bertrand family.Genealogy -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Genealogy.Inheritance and succession -- Great Britain.Nobility -- Great Britain.Smith-Carrington family.
- I. The Willoughby d'Eresby case and the rise of the Berties. The Barony of Delawarr. Peerage cases in the Court of chivalry. The muddle of the law. Tales of the conquest. The House of lords.
- II. Some 'Saxon' houses. The great Carrington imposture. The geste of John de Courcy. Heraldry and the gent.