Catalogue of a collection of engraved portraits, the largest ever submitted to the public : comprising nearly twenty thousand portraits of persons connected with the history and literature of this country, from the earliest period to the present time : with an enumeration of the circumstances connecting the most eminent persons with the various counties of Great Britain, preferments of the clergy, &c. : alphabetically arranged with the name of the painter and engraver, and the size of each plate ... : now on sale ... by Edward Evans, book and print sellers, Great Queen Street, LIncoln's Inn Fields.
- [London] : [Edward Evans], [1836-1853]
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ997 .E93 1836Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Vol. 2 has title: Catalogue of engraved British portraits ... London, A.E. Evans & Son 
BAC: British Art Center copy imperfect: lacks volume 2. Bound in later maroon cloth.
LWL 715 Ev2 836: Gift of H.W. Liebert, June 1956.
- Subject Terms:
- Booksellers and bookselling -- England -- London -- 19th century -- Catalogs.Great Britain -- Biography -- Portraits -- Catalogs.Liebert, Herman W. -- Donor.Portrait prints, British -- Catalogs.Tudor-Craig, Algernon, Sir, 1873-1943 -- Bookplate.
- Booksellers' catalogs -- England -- London -- 1836.
YCBA Collections Search
Evans, Edward, 1789-1835, Catalogue of a collection of engraved portraits, the largest ever submitted to the public , [1836-1853]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.