Faithorne, William, 1616-1691, The art of graveing, and etching,, 1662
- The art of graveing, and etching, wherein is exprest the true way of graueing in copper. allso the manner & method of that famous Callot, & Mr. Bosse. in their seuerall ways of etching.
- [London] Pvblished by Willm. Faithorne. And sold at his shop next to ye. Signe of ye. Drake, without Temple Barr, 1662.
- Physical Description:
- 5 p.., 48 p. 10 plates. 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1760 F3Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1760 E9Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Wing, F294.
BAC : British Art Center has 2 copies. Copy 2 is bound with copy 1 of: Evelyn, John. Sculptura. London, 1662 (call no.: NE1760.E9 copy 1).
BAC : A translation of part of A. Bosse's Traité des manières de graver en taille douce sur lairraine.--Cf. Levis, H.C. A descriptive bibliography of the most important books in the English language relating to the art & history of engraving. [Folkestone, 1974], p. 21.
Signatures: A4, B-D8.
Engraved t.-p., title within a frame; plates engraved by the author.
Bound in maroon levant morocco, gilt and blind tooled, gilt edges.
"Ex libris Robert Hoe."
- Subject Terms:
- Bosse, Abraham, 1602-1676.Callot, Jacques, 1592-1635.Engraving -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Technique.Etching -- Technique.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.