A new treatise on the diseases of horses : wherein what is necessary to the knowledge of a horse, the cure of his diseases, and other matters relating to that subject, are fully discussed, in a plain and easy manner for many years practice and experience : with the cheapest and most efficacious remedies / by William Gibson, surgeon, in Duke-Sreet, Grosvenor-Square ; illustrated with thirty-two copper-plates.
- London : Printed for A. Millar, opposite to Catharine-Street, in the Strand, MDCCLI 
- Physical Description:
- , 464,  pages, XXXI leaves of plates : illustrations ; 30 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSF955 .G53 1751+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Pages 321-322 misnumbered 231-232.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, 51
English short title catalogue, T94737
LWL 69 751 G35: With a letter signed: Joseph Goulson.
LWL 69 751 G35: Suckling & Co. Feb. 1944.
LWL 69 751 G35: Unidentified manuscript notes.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary mottled calf; rebacked. Armorial bookplate of William Charles De Meuron, Earl Fitzwilliam.
- Subject Terms:
- Fitzwilliam, William Charles de Meuron, Earl -- Bookplate.Gouslon, Jospeh -- Autographed letter signed.Horses -- Anatomy.Horses -- Diseases -- Early works to 1800.Veterinary medicine -- Early works to 1800.
- Engravings -- 1751.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Gibson, W. (William), 1680?-1750, A new treatise on the diseases of horses , MDCCLI 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.