A rapture / by Thomas Carew ; with engravings by J.E. Laboureur.
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXVII 
- Physical Description:
- 14,  pages : illustrations ; 20 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3339.C37 R37 1927Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Engravings are included in the pagination.
"This book was printed by Robert Gibbings at the Golden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, Berkshire, & completed on the 2nd day of May, 1927. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs and F. Young. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The text is taken from the first edition of the poems of Thomas Carew. 375 copies have been printed."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 47
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 83 of 375. Bound in cream quarter buckram with orange batik paper covered boards.
- Subject Terms:
- English poetry -- 17th century.English poetry.Private press books -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Batik papers (Paper)
Engravings -- 1927.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.