A history or description, general and circumstantial, of Burghley House, the seat of the Right Honorable the earl of Exeter.
- Shrewsbury : Printed and sold by J. and W. Eddowes. Sold also by T.N. Longman, Paternoster Row, Cadell and Davies, Strand, B. and J. White, Fleet Street, and Faulder, Bond Street, London, 1797.
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 205,  pages ; 22 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA664.B8 H57 1797Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Attributed to John Horn (Haklyett & Laing).
Holmes, M. Country house described, p. 93
English short title catalogue, T84960
Halkett, S. Dictionary of anonymous and pseudonymous publications in the English language (3rd ed.), volume 3, page 93
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary half calf with marbled boards. Armorial bookplate: Charles Gery Milnes. Inscribed: John Milnes. Buckhamingshire. 1797.
- Subject Terms:
- Buildings -- England -- Stamford -- Early works to 1800.Burghley House (Stamford, England) -- History -- Early works to 1800.Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Ms. notes.Milnes, Charles Gery -- Bookplate.Milnes, John -- Autograph, Buckinghamshire, 1797.Painting -- Private collections -- England -- Stamford.Stamford (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Early works to 1800.
- Binders' stamps (Binding) -- Fletcher, Norwich.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Horn, John, active 1791-1817, A history or description, general and circumstantial, of Burghley House, the seat of the Right Honorable the earl of Exeter, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.