Jaques, Dennett, A visit to Goodwood, near Chichester, the seat of His Grace the Duke of Richmond , 1822
- A visit to Goodwood, near Chichester, the seat of His Grace the Duke of Richmond : with an appendix, descriptive of an ancient painting / by D. Jacques, librarian of Goodwood.
- Chichester : Published by the author, North Street; and by Messrs. Lackington, Hughes & Co. London. Printed by W. Mason, 1822.
Chichester : William Mason, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- , 18-127,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA664.G66 J33 1822Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
"Appendix ... printed verbatim from a MS. drawn up by G. Vertue, and now in the library at Goodwood": p. -127. Text as published by Vertue about 1740, with notes and English versions of the Latin inscriptions.
Engravings by J. Kennerley and Thomas King; after E. (Eugene?) Sintzenich and D. Jacques.
Holmes, M. Country house described, p. 112
LWL 637 G63 822: Gift of Lindsay Fleming, with autograph inscription to Wilmarth Sheldon Lewis, March 1954.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original tan paper covered boards. Printed paper label on front cover. Autograph: Wm. Biscer. July 31st/35.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- England -- Goodwood.Biscer, Wm. -- Autograph.Buildings -- England -- Goodwood.Fleming, Lindsay -- Autograph.Fleming, Lindsay -- Donor.Goodwood (England) -- Description and travel.Goodwood House (England) -- Guidebooks.Lackington, Hughes & Co. -- Publisher.Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Ownership.Mason, William -- Printer.Richmond, Charles Gordon-Lennox, Duke of, 1791-1860 -- Art collections.
- Engravings -- 1822.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.