IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Chute, Chaloner William, 1838-1890, A history of the Vyne in Hampshire , 1888
A history of the Vyne in Hampshire : being a short account of the building & antiquities of that house, situate in the parish of Sherborne St. John, co. Hants, & of persons who have at some time lived there / by Chaloner W. Chute, of the Vyne.
- Winchester : Jacob & Johnson : Simpkin, Marshall & Co., London, 1888.
London : Printed by Spottiswoode and Co., New-Street Square, 
- Physical Description:
- , vi-x, 173 pages, xiii leaves of plates : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA664.V96 C48 1888Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Paul F. WalterView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Holmes, M. Country house described, p. 259
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gray cloth, with paper back and corners.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Tudor.Chute family.Country homes -- England -- History.Jacob & Johnson, -- Publisher.Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Ms. notes.Lionel -- Inscription to.Manors -- England -- Hampshire -- History.Smith, Mrs. -- Inscription to Lionel.Vyne, The (England) -- Guidebooks.
- Lithographs -- 1888.
Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.