Some short observations for the Lady Mary Stanhope concerning the writing of ordinary letters, by Philip, second earl of Chesterfield ... edited by W.S. Lewis ...
- Additional Title(s):
Writing of ordinary letters
- Farmington, Conn., Priv. print., 1934.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. l., 16 p., 2 l. front. (port.) 20 cm.
- Reference LibraryBJ2100 C5 1934 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "One hundred copies printed for Wilmarth Sheldon Lewis ... Edmund B. Thompson, printer, Windham, Connecticut."
"Extracts of only about a sixth of ... [the] observations are given."--p. 5.
- Subject Terms:
- Coke, Mary (Stanhope), Lady, 1664-1703.Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Provenance (BAC,REF)Letter writing.Lewis, Annie Burr Auchincloss, 1902-1959 -- Ownership.Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Autograph inscription to Mr. Desmond MacCarthy.Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Ms. notes.Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Ownership.MacCarthy, Desmond, 1878-1952 -- Inscription to.Roberts, Sydney Castle, Sir, 1887-1966 -- Donor.Roberts, Sydney Castle, Sir, 1887-1966 -- Ownership.
YCBA Collections Search
Chesterfield, Philip Stanhope, Earl of, 1633-1713, Some short observations for the Lady Mary Stanhope concerning the writing of ordinary letters,, 1934