Satirical poems published anonymously by William Mason with notes by Horace Walpole now first printed from his manuscript. Edited, with an exposé of the mystification, notes and index, by Paget Toynbee ...
- Oxford, At the Clarendon Press, 1926.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p. l., -158 p. front., ports. 27 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR3548 M2 A6 1926 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With reproductions of original title-pages.
The ms. of Walpole's commentary and notes is in the Library of Harvard College; Horace Walpole's first draft of the material, 1779, is in the Lewis Walpole Library, Farmington, Conn.
committed to retain 20170930 20421231 HathiTrust To help ensure preservation of print and digital collections, this title is retained by Yale University Library on behalf of the HathiTrust Shared Print Program.
- Subject Terms:
- Hilles, Frederick Whiley, 1900- -- Provenance (BAC,REF)Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Ms. notes.Lewis, W. S. (Wilmarth Sheldon), 1895-1979 -- Ownership.Luce, Harry -- Donor.
YCBA Collections Search
Mason, William, 1725-1797, Satirical poems published anonymously by William Mason with notes by Horace Walpole now first printed from his manuscript, 1926