A history of playing cards and a bibliography of cards and gaming, by Catherine Perry Hargrave; compiled and illustrated from the old cards and books in the collection of the United States playing card company in Cincinnati.
- Boston and New York, Houghton Mifflin company, 1930.
- Physical Description:
- xxiv p., l ., 468 p. incl.illus.,plates. col.front.,col.plates. 31 1/2 cm.
- Reference LibraryGV1233 H37 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Colored plates accompanied by guard sheets with descriptive letter-press.
A list of playing cards at end of each chapter.
Bibliography: p. -449.
- Subject Terms:
- Playing cards -- Bibliography.Playing cards -- History.
YCBA Collections Search
Hargrave, Catherine Perry, A history of playing cards and a bibliography of cards and gaming,, 1930