The wars of Wellington, a narrative poem; in fifteen cantos. Embellished with six engravings, coloured from the original paintings. By Dr. Syntax.
- London, W.T. Gilling, 1821.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p.., [v]-vi, 175 p. col. front., 5 col. plates. 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3991 D6 W3 1821+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Abbey, Life in England, 358 (Abbey copy).
BAC : Text printed by C. Whittingham, London.
BAC : Plates have partially erased imprint of their original publisher, T. Tegg.
BAC : Plates by J.C. Stadler, after W. Heath.
Sometimes ascribed to William Combe, but listed as an imitation in: Hamilton, Harlan W. Doctor Syntax. London, 1969.
A reissue of the sheets of the 1819 ed., with a new t.-p.
- Subject Terms:
- Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, Duke of, 1769-1852.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.