Bowles's new preceptor in drawing ... Being the close study, for a series of years, of the late Mr. Lens ... On sixty-two copper-plates, engraved by himself. Designed chiefly for young beginners ... To which is prefixed, An introduction to drawing ... Translated from the French of monsieur Gerard de Lairesse, and improved with extracts from C.A. du Fresnoy, Salmon, &c.
- London, Printed for and sold by Carington Bowles [ca. 1799]
- Physical Description:
- 20 p. 62 plates on 42 leaves. 20 x 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 9Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Advertisement at foot of p. 20.
Plates watermarked 1799.
A new edition of a work first published in London, 1750, under title: For the curious young gentlemen and ladies ...
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.
- Handbooks and manuals.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.