The noble game of the elephant and castle, or Travelling in Asia.
- London, William Darton, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- 1 game ; 51 x 41 cm. fold. to 17 x 14 cm. & booklet (viii, -84 p. 14 cm.)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 N6View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- BAC : Booklet of rules and explanation printed by George Smallfield, Hackney.
Title from game.
In case, as issued.
In 9 sections, mounted on canvas.
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 71
Cottage of content, or, Toys, games, and amusements of nineteenth century England, 37
Selected exhibitions: “The Cottage of Content : or, Toys, Games, and Amusements of Nineteenth Century England" (Yale Center for British Art, November 2 - December 31, 1977).
- Subject Terms:
- Asia -- Description and travel.Asia -- Social life and customs.Geographical recreations -- Specimens.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Etchings -- Hand-colored -- 1822.
- IIIF Manifest:
Pleasures and Pastimes (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-21 - 1990-04-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Cottage of Content, or, Toys, Games, and Amusements of Nineteenth Century England (Yale Center for British Art, November 2, 1977-December 31, 1977) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]