Who wears the crown. An entire new game.
- London, [J.] & E. Wallis; [between 1814 and 1818]
Sidmouth, J. W[al]lis, Junr. [between 1814 and 1818]
- Physical Description:
- 1 game 61 x 45 cm. fold. to 21 x 12 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 W469Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- BAC : Imprint closely cropped at divisions of sections.
BAC : Printed by J. Pittman.
In case, as issued.
Title from game; the case title reads: Wallis's new game of Who wears the crown.
Instructions printed on the game.
The publishers were at the addresses shown in the imprint between 1814 and 1818.--Cf. Hannas, Linda. The English jigsaw puzzle, 1760-1890. London, 1972.
In 12 sections, mounted on canvas.
Cottage of content, or, Toys, games, and amusements of nineteenth century England, 16
Selected exhibitions: “The Cottage of Content : or, Toys, Games, and Amusements of Nineteenth Century England" (Yale Center for British Art, November 2 - December 31, 1977).
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.