The game of human life.
- London, Edwd. Wallis [ca. 1820]
- Physical Description:
- 1 col. sheet. 45 x 58 cm. fold. to 20 x 12 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 G28View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- BAC : The British Art Center copy of the game has been remounted on new canvas, and the case has been reconstructed.
Title from game.
In case, as issued.
Title on case: Wallis's fashionable game of the seven ages of human life.
Imprint date from: Toronto. Public Libraries. Boys and Girls Services. The Osborne Collection. Toronto, 1958-75.
Instructions printed on game.
In twelve sections, mounted on canvas.
Cottage of content, or, Toys, games, and amusements of nineteenth century England, 29
Selected exhibitions: “The Cottage of Content : or, Toys, Games, and Amusements of Nineteenth Century England" (Yale Center for British Art, November 2 - December 31, 1977).
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.