Walker's geographical pastime. Exhibiting a complete voyage round the world. In two hemispheres with tetotum, pillars & counters, for playing this highly interesting game.
- London, Willm. Darton, 1821.
- Physical Description:
- 1 game ; 52 x 96 cm. fold. to 17 x 12 cm. & 2 booklets.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1199 W345Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- BAC : One booklet, A key to Walker's geographical tour through the Western Hemisphere, has the collation: 66,  p. (advertisements:  p. at end); the other booklet, A key to Walker's geographical tour through the Eastern Hemisphere, has the collation: 46,  p. (advertisements:  p. at end.)
In case, as issued.
Title from case.
Actually two games, each with its own booklet of instructions.
Sheet in 24 sections, mounted on canvas.
Sheet and booklets have imprint date 1816.
Cottage of content, or, Toys, games, and amusements of nineteenth century England, 41
Selected exhibitions: “The Cottage of Content : or, Toys, Games, and Amusements of Nineteenth Century England" (Yale Center for British Art, November 2 - December 31, 1977).
- Subject Terms:
- Geographical recreations -- Specimens.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.