A collection of various forms of stoves : used for forcing pine plants, fruit trees, and preserving tender exotics : intended as well for the use of amateurs, as that of students in the art of gardening : the platesaccompanied by ample letter-press, and a correct method shewn for drawing their elevations and sections, from the plans : with the parts at large / byW.Robertson.
- London : Published at R. Ackermann's Gallery, 1798.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 x 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A S 1 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A S 1 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Illustrations by Heinrich Joseph Schütz; after William Robertson.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 62
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is the Abbey copy. Copy 2 is a large paper copy, bound in original boards, as issued.
- Subject Terms:
- Greenhouses -- Design and construction.Greenhouses -- Great Britain.R. Ackermann's Gallery.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1798.
YCBA Collections Search
Robertson, William, architect, A collection of various forms of stoves , 1798
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.