Dufresnoy, Charles-Alphonse, 1611-1668, The art of painting , 1783
- The art of painting / of Charles Alphonse Du Fresnoy; translated into English verse by William Mason; with annotations by Sir Joshua Reynolds.
- Alternate Title(s):
- De arte graphica. English.
- Dublin : Whitestone, Wilson, Moncrieffe, Walker, Jenkin, White, Byrne and Cash, 1783.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 221 p. : 18cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1130 D8413 1783Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Translation of his De arte graphica.
Includes the original poem in Latin and English (p.-63).
Appendix: The sentiments of Charles Alphonse Du Fresnoy, on the works of the principal and best painters of the two last ages; The preface of Mr. Dryden to his translation, containing a parallel between poetry and painting; Epistle of Mr. Pope to Mr. Jervas; A chronological list of painters from the revival of the art to the beginning of the present century: p.-221.
- Subject Terms:
- Painters.Painting -- Early works to 1800.Painting -- Poetry.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.