Quiz, pseud, The grand master;, 1816
- The grand master; or, Adventures of Qui Hi? in Hindostan. A Hudibrastic poem in eight cantos by Quiz. Illustrated with engravings by Rowlandson.
- London, Printed by T. Tegg, 1816.
- Physical Description:
- x, 252 (i.e. 254) p. fold. front., plates. 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3991 Q5 G7Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : Abbey, Travel, 437 (Abbey copy).
BAC : Errata leaf tipped in following p. 252.
BAC : Pages 73-4 repeated in numbering.
BAC : Leaf C8 is present in this copy.
BAC : Plates by Rowlandson, after the author. Lettering (?) on t.-p. engraved by E. Gullan.
BAC : Text printed by Plummer and Brewis; the book was actually published by T. Tegg, according to advertisements in the Repository of arts, 1816.
BAC : Sometimes ascribed to William Combe, but listed as an imitation in: Hamilton, Harlan W. Doctor Syntax. London, 1969.
Has been attributed to William Combe. cf. Stonehill, C.A. Anonyma and pseudonyma.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- British -- India.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.