Bowles's Artist's assistant in drawing, perspective, etching, engraving, mezzotinto-scraping, painting on glass, in crayons, and in water-colours, and on silk or satin ... Methodically digested, and adapted to the capacities of young beginners. By the author of Bowles's Art of painting in water-colours.
- 7th ed., corr. and greatly improved with additions.
- London, Printed for and sold by C. Bowles, 1787.
- Physical Description:
- 64 p. (p. 58-64 advertisements) plates. 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7430 A73 1787 copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7430 A73 1787 copy 2Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC : British Art Center has two copies. The imprint date of copy 2 has been erased. Copy 2 is a presentation copy from Mrs. William Venning to Mary Anne Venning.
BAC : Advertisements: p. [viii], and p. 58-64.
Imprint date erased and restored in ink.
Ascribed to Carington Bowles in Brit. Mus. Cat.
Bookplate of Howard C. Levis.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Technique.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.