A sketch of the origin and progress of the art of wood-engraving. With a chapter explanatory of a box of materials used in the process, to accompany the book. By Thomas Gilks ...
- London, A.N. Myers and Co., 1868.
- Physical Description:
- 2 p.., ii p., 2 leaves, -84 p. incl. front., ill., plates, ports. 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNE1225 G6View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC : Advertisements,  p. at end, for Winsor and Newton, and A.N. Myers and Co.
BAC : Printed by Wertheimer, Lea and Co.
BAC : Some plates by the author; one plate after Goltius.
- Subject Terms:
- Wood-engraving -- Technique.
YCBA Collections Search
Gilks, Thomas, A sketch of the origin and progress of the art of wood-engraving, 1868
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.