Walpole, Horace, 1717-1797, Jeffery's edition of The castle of Otranto,, 1796
- Jeffery's edition of The castle of Otranto, a Gothic story. Translated by William Marshal, gent. from the original Italian of Onuphrio Muralto, Canon of the Church of St. Nicholas at Otranto ...
- A new ed.
- London, Printed by Cooper and Graham, and sold by the publisher, 1796.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 152 p. col. front., col. plates. 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3757 W2 C3 1796Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 28
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Plates, which are those of Sivrac's Italian translation, 1795, engraved by Birrel after "una dama" (Anne Melicent Clarke); various borders conceal the publisher's imprint.--Cf. Hazen, A.T. Bibliography of Horace Walpole, New Haven, 1948, p. 63-65.
BAC : Frontispiece engraved by Thomas Medland after Joino.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.