Gray, Thomas, 1716-1771, An elegy written in a country churchyard , 1869
An elegy written in a country churchyard / by Thomas Gray.
- London : Sampson Low, Son, and Marston, Crown Buildings, Fleet Street, 1869.
- Physical Description:
- , 5-15 leaves,  leaves of plates : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3502 E5 1869 Copy 1Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3502 .E5 1869 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Rosemarie Haag Bletter and Martin FillerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Includes facsimile of the author's manuscript, "the autograph at Pembroke House, Cambridge, being manifestly a fair copy made by the poet ..."
With chromolithographs printed by Cooper, Clay, & Co., after drawings by Robert Barnes, R.P. Leitch, E.M. Wimperis, and Charles Joseph Staniland.
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 bound in publisher's original blue cloth, stamped in gold and black.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 bound in publisher's original blue cloth, stamped in gold and black. Inscribed to Annie, from Aunt Lucy, July 5, 1873.
- Subject Terms:
- Cooper, Clay, & Co. -- Printer.Elegaic poetry, English.English poetry.
Chromolithographs -- 1869.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.