Muybridge's Complete human and animal locomotion : all 781 plates from the 1887 Animal locomotion / by Eadweard Muybridge ; introd. to the Dover edition by Anita Ventura Mozley.
- Additional Title(s):
- New York : Dover Publications, c1979.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. (xlii, 1597 p.) : chiefly ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1558Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "An unabridged republication of ... Animal locomotion; an electro-photographic investigation of consecutive phases of animal movements, originallypublished under the auspices of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, in 1887; together with the Prospectus and catalogue of plates, published separately by the University earlier in the same year."
"Containing original volumes."
BAC: British Art Center copy: 3 volumes. Light greyish-blue cloth; dark blue leather label with gold lettering and gold lines on spine, gold lettering on spine. Grey and pictorial dust jacket; black lettering on spine. Illustrations, plates. Spine height: 12 1/2 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Animal locomotion -- Pictorial works.Human locomotion -- Pictorial works.
YCBA Collections Search
Muybridge, Eadweard, 1830-1904, Muybridge's Complete human and animal locomotion , c1979
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.