A woman's journey round the world, from Vienna to Brazil, Chili, Tahiti, China, Hindostan, Persia, and Asia Minor. An unabridged translation from the German of Ida Pfeiffer. Illustrated with tinted engravings.
- Additional Title(s):
Eine frauenfahrt um die welt. English
- 2d ed.
- London [Office of the National Illustrated Library, 1852]
- Physical Description:
- xvi p., 1 leaf, 338 p. (incl. front.; added t.-p.) 10 col. plates. 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG440 P5 1852Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 104
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Abbey, Travel, 8 (Abbey copy).
BAC : Plates engraved and printed by E. Evans after designs by Birket Foster.--Cf. Friedman, Joan. Color printing in England, New Haven, 1978, 104.
BAC : "Printed by Petter, Duff, and Co."
BAC : Published in 1852, according to the British Museum Catalogue.
BAC : Publisher identified on added t.-p.
- Subject Terms:
- Voyages around the world.
YCBA Collections Search
Pfeiffer, Ida, 1797-1858, A woman's journey round the world,, 1852]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.