Vizetelly, Henry, 1820-1894, Christmas with the poets, 1852
- Christmas with the poets: a collection of songs, carols, and descriptive verses, relating to the festival of Christmas, from the Anglo-Norman period to the present time. Embellished with fifty-three tinted illustrations by Birket Foster, and with initial letters and other ornaments ...
- [2d ed.]
- London, David Bogue, 1852.
- Physical Description:
- 3 p.., v-x, , 199,  p. ill. (part. col.) 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPN6110 C5 V5 1852Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Friedman, J. Color printing in England, 1486-1870, 88
Selected exhibitions: "Color Printing in England, 1486-1870" (Yale Center for British Art, 20 April-25 June, 1978).
BAC : Text and illustrations printed by Henry Vizetelly.
BAC : Birket Foster's original drawing for the added t.-p. mounted at front.
BAC : Illustrations engraved by H. Vizetelly after Birket Foster.
Prefatory note signed: H.V.
Added t.-p., col.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- Subject Terms:
- Carols.Christmas -- Poetry.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.